House with No Walls
February 3, 2023 @ 7:00 pm - February 5, 2023 @ 8:30 pm MST$35.00
Coming to Sedona, Arizona is another “unforgettable live theater” produced by Emerson Theater Collaborative and Camilla Ross.
A bitter public battle erupts when it is revealed that the site of a new museum enshrining American liberty is the ground on which George Washington’s slaves’ house once stood. An African-American political activist occupies the site, demanding that the house be recreated as a reminder of the reality of slavery in our history and a memorial to the slaves’ lives. He is opposed by a controversial African-American conservative author, who argues that blacks must lay aside their pursuit of victimhood if they are to achieve true equality. Their conflict is juxtaposed against the story of Oney Judge, one of Washington’s slaves, as she struggles with the decision of whether to risk everything to escape her bondage. Moving in time between the present and the past, the play explores our relationship to troubling historical reality. How do we decide which elements of our history will be commemorated and which will be forgotten?
House with No Walls is a special arrangement by Playscripts. Directed by Ashley Adelman
Ticketing In-Person theater costs. Pick your seats with our reserved “seating” map.
• Advance /Reserved Seating – $55 (sit at table with your friends/family, drink tickets available and table service)
•Advance /Reserved Table – $165 (reserve an entire table of three for your friends/family, drink tickets available and table service)
•Advance Purchase – $35
•At-the-Door – $45
- February 3, 2023 @ 7:00 pm MST
- February 5, 2023 @ 8:30 pm MST
- Event Categories:
- Adult, Cultural, Drama, Historical, Performing Arts, Sedona
- Event Tags:
- emerson theater collaborative, live-theater, Performing Arts, playscrips, thomas gibbons, unforgettable live theater
- Emerson Theater Collaborative – Camilla Ross
- (860) 705-9711